File for Social Security Disability in Paducah
Whether you’ve already started the application process or are still thinking about filing for disability, the Paducah Social Security Disability lawyers at Morgan, Collins and Yeast want to help you. Our team is happy to discuss the details of your disability application or appeal no matter what stage of the process you’re in. Call us for a FREE consultation of your case.
What Does it Mean to be “Disabled”?
The Social Security Administration (SSA) considers you disabled under its rules if:
- You can’t do the work that you did before;
- You can’t adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and
- Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least 12 months or is expected to result in death.
Is it Difficult to File for Social Security Disability Benefits in Paducah?
It’s easy to file your application, but it’s hard to get it approved! You may believe that what you put in your application determines whether or not you’ll be approved. Your application is merely the starting point of the process. Don’t wait, file your application as soon as possible.
Most people who apply for benefits are initially denied.
Many people think that if they simply explain their medical situation to someone at the SSA, that person will understand and award them benefits. Unfortunately, that’s not the way Social Security Disability works. The Social Security Disability system involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures – even unwritten ones!
When you file your application, it can be denied for any number of reasons, often through no fault of your own. For example, you may be denied benefits if your doctor doesn’t know what’s important to your particular claim. Or, if a Social Security employee doesn’t get the right medical evidence on your behalf. Or, if your appeal of a denial is handled improperly. That’s why it’s so important to contact Morgan, Collins and Yeast. Our firm has helped thousands of Kentuckians get their claims approved.
If you need to file for disability benefits, here are some great reasons to call Morgan, Collins and Yeast today. You’ll get:
- A free evaluation of your claim to help you decide if your claim is worth pursuing.
- Information about filing, such as what is the best method for you to apply given your circumstances.
- Help with ensuring your application is processed timely – not delayed or lost!
- Help with determining the best way for your situation to be understood, so that you have the best chance to be awarded the most “back pay.”
- Suggestions on how to best describe your past jobs.
- Information about which medical records are the most important to helping the government best understand your situation. Not all records are equal.
- Information about what’s NOT important – you’d be surprised!
- Information regarding what you can do yourself to help get your claim approved.
Before you file your application, contact Morgan, Collins and Yeast. Our firm has helped thousands of people in Kentucky win disability benefits. Sometimes we’re even able to get you benefits without a hearing.
How Likely are You to Get Benefits?
Morgan, Collins and Yeast offers you a FREE EVALUATION of your disability case. Fill out the form below, or call us now. You pay nothing if you don’t win!